Makes about 30 cookies
- 1/2 Cup butter, soft
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/3 Cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay parchment paper down on baking sheet, or grease sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, scraping to make sure they’re mixed. Add vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Add slowly to wet mixture, scraping sides as you go.
- Put the dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, then roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten them with a glass dipped in sugar (not too thin).
- Bake for 10 minutes. They should just barely be browning on the bottom.
- Cool on wire rack.
*You can add 1 tsp of almond extract to the wet mixture for a slightly different flavour!